The club promotes sailing for all and as such, aims to get as many people as possible on the water. Boat ownership is not a pre-requisite for membership.
Club members enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to the clubhouse bar and can sign-in visitors
- Participation in ‘Cruise in Company’ weekends
- Entry to club racing program
- Full range of social events such as club talks and social evenings
- Access to training courses
- Access to the Parish Wharf – a winter storage area on the hard in Portishead
- Voting rights at the club AGM to elect the committee and stand for election
- Apply for one of the club’s trot moorings in Pill
- Use of club library and wider resources
In order to keep subscription fees low, the club does ask its members to support working parties to maintain club facilities. Details are emailed to members as they are required.
Above all, members benefit from the shared experiences of sailing and racing both local to Portishead and further afield. There are many salty stories told over a pint in the club bar!
How to Join
Joining the Club is straightforward. Complete the application form and bring it along together with the fee on a club night (Wednesday after 20h00) and obtain the required signatories (a formality). Membership renewals are due every January and new members joining through the year pay a pro-rata membership fee for their first year.