Five boats enjoyed the sail down to Cardiff and back today, results are on the website, but to save you looking:
PY: White Spirit 1st, from Fly, Hero, Ctrl-J and Hullabaloo
IRC: Hullabaloo 1st, from Ctrl-J and Hero
It was good to see White Spirit at the front of the fleet again, and great to see Fly out racing – and going v well single handed!
It was also the first race for Ctrl-J (the new J/109 replacing Budge) who just snatched second under IRC from Hero by 5 seconds after 6+ hours of racing – I sense some more close racing to come!
Next race is a week tomorrow on Sun 19th, details as follows:
– chose your own start time
– start / finish line is a transit from Firefly to the end of Portishead pier
– you must start / finish within three boat lengths of Firefly (either side)
– engines off 1+ min from start
– course is start > uptide mark > finish
– uptide mark has been reached when all parts of your boat are completely clear of the northern / far side of the old Severn crossing (M48)
– you must pass through the main span of the new Severn crossing (M4) in both directions
– HW at old Severn crossing is 13:50 local
– Hero is OOD, please pass them your start and finish times (GPS time)