We made the most of a gap in the weather for the race on Sunday, with a westerly force 4-6 and even a hint of sunshine at times!
The concept of racing up the river on a flooding tide and back on the ebb seemed to work well when coupled with ‘choose your own start time’ – does anyone know if the club has tried this before, and if so why we stopped? If not you can expect to see something similar in next years calendar …
Given the short notice, weather forecast and proximity to Cockburn 7, we only had two entrants, with J-Star taking the win – on handicaps we couldn’t decide weather it counted as ‘top of the tide’ or ‘with tide’ so we went with an average – results attached.
Next race is the Autumn Cup on Sunday 4th Sept, start 12:30 off Portishead. Given that the Holms race is a couple of weeks later the course is likely to be loosely similar in the hope that a bit of practise may knock Thornbury off the podium!